Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Lexington High School Students of Kentucky
Lean Six Sigma can be used by businesses and companies to improve their systems and operations as the main goal of the methodology is to improve processes and achieve results that will lead to the company’s growth. In our experience, Sigma is a great way for them to remain competitive and increase their production, and although the method was meant for manufacturing over other industries, those who are familiar with the subject know that LSS can be used to empower people in all stages of life. Lean Six Sigma Curriculum for Lexington High School Students of Kentucky is a hard-working company that offers all the training, certification, and insight for people to reap the benefits.
If you aren’t sure about where LSS stands as a methodology for companies and individuals, this is what we can tell you about it:
- LSS is essential for all students in high school and college as the methodology helps boost their skills and, thus, career opportunities.
- LSS will help them add value to their curriculums and be considered great assets no matter the company or business they decide to work for.
- They will enhance their skills for problem-solving and decision-making so they can have more influence during their school years and later during their work life.
We understand that many questions will arise as the method’s structures and principles are designed for manufacturing, but when you learn the basics and focus on how Sigma works, it won’t be hard to understand how it benefits other industries.
You can minimize the number of steps required and maximize your results if you focus on creating and adapting them to meet your specific needs.
This approach is very popular at universities and colleges today for the reasons mentioned above and because it allows people to concentrate on their goals, not just the business strategy or how the method can be used for a company.
Companies and businesses should allow employees to become certified so they can have well-prepared and trained individuals handling their operations and achieving improvement.
If companies don’t have the knowledge and skills to use LSS principles and structures effectively, they won’t be able to innovate, grow, or improve their businesses.
If you are considering LSS as a person who needs career advantages and advancement, it can help you gain career benefits and increase your chances of success as a high school student, professional, or college student.
These are the top five benefits of LSS:
- Lowers your costs.
- Customers satisfaction.
- Reduced lead times.
- This opens up new opportunities for professionals and students to find better jobs and careers.
- It increases efficiency and encourages trainees to be more diligent.
Our training can be used by high school students to increase their chances of getting into college or finding better jobs, while college students or business professionals will bring more opportunities their way.
How It All Started: Six Sigma & Lean
We must look back to the past in order to understand the methodology. LSS could be described as a combination of Six Sigma and Lean. However, there is more than a simple combination of the methodologies since LSS helps fill gaps regarding continuous improvement and waste reduction in particular.
Understanding the whole concept will be easier if you start with the principles and basics of each methodology.
Toyota created Lean manufacturing in the late 1940s to decrease non-value-adding activities. This is the most important point to remember, as Lean manufacturing incorporates many of the principles regarding reducing waste to LSS.
The core values of Lean management include:
- Customer satisfaction is your main focus
- Reduce waste in your workflow.
- Continuous improvement of processes, cycles, and every step in the industry and system.
- To foster excellence, employees must participate in organizational change.
Although Lean may appear simple based on the above values, it is a complex methodology that has seen significant progress in reducing waste and improving productivity. However, people need to be able to adapt the structure and the methodology.
Six Sigma, a process improvement technique, dates back to 1980. Motorola used Six Sigma in order to reduce variability and identify and minimize defects.
Six Sigma’s core values include:
- Concentrate on quantifiable financial results.
- Your success depends on your leadership and the support of your management.
- Data-based decisions are made based on statistical data, not assumptions.
The DMAIC structure is used to implement this strategy. It stands for Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control. It’s possible to make a change in your company and get the best out of each process if you know the goals and needs that will be required and that you need to focus on when implementing the structure.
Six Sigma’s principles, along with the whole idea of Lean and all its phases, are combined to create all the Lean Six Sigma core values and phases. Additional values are added based on the company’s goals and needs.
The DMAIC Structure Allows for Change
To give you a better idea of how this methodology and structure will help you, we need to offer an overview of DMAIC as the core process to ensure LSS is implemented properly to boost companies and your own projects:
- Define your problem from both a business and customer perspective. These questions or equivalents are necessary to determine the problem.
- Are you able to meet quality standards?
- What problem are stakeholders trying to solve?
- Can the problem be viewed from both a business and a broader perspective?
- Measure your current performance and answer this question: Does it meet the quality requirements set in the previous phases, and what do customers require?
- Analyze all the data to determine the root cause of any problem that was not found in the initial phase. To pinpoint the root cause, you can use lean analytical tools such as Value Stream Mapping and Just-In-Time.
- Improve all the processes to resolve the problem once the root cause is identified.
- Control your solutions and processes. This phase will allow you to establish acceptable performance criteria and make a plan for correcting any deviations.
Students and business professionals can experience growth and improvement through DMAIC as they will adapt their needs and everything that needs to be achieved in the project.
Lean Six Sigma: Benefits for Companies & Trainees
Here, our team at Lean Six Sigma Curriculum Pros of Lexington wants to discuss the two types of benefits you can get from this method. It is based on what your company needs or what an individual is looking to add to their existing knowledge.
Organizational benefits include:
- Simpler processes. This will help you find inefficiencies and eliminate waste, and allow you to manage your workflow much more easily.
- Increased predictability. Simplify your workflow.
- Higher profits and lower costs. A simplified delivery process will improve delivery speed and quality. This will naturally increase your revenue potential.
- Continuous growth. This goal is LSS. It is to ensure that the industry does not fall behind and that business moves forward.
- Analytical thinking. Lean and Six Sigma can simplify complex problems.
- Efficiency. People can analyze their performance and identify root causes.
- Six Sigma project managers need to communicate with all levels of the organization, from strategy to operations. This will enable people to improve their project management skills, understand the business, and even choose to work in other areas.
- Career advantages. Individuals, businesses, and industries view LSS as an essential addition to their operations. If you are a practitioner, you will be valuable in many areas.
- Anyone can learn to manage their time, lead and collaborate with others, and make informed decisions.
LSS allows students and trainees to access tools that can help them in other areas of life, such as education and work. Don’t think of LSS as a way to get work at a particular company; instead, focus on how you can use it for personal growth.
Our team offers certifications and training for all three phases of your life, high school, college, and work. You don’t need to be a worker to reap the benefits.
Let’s say you have completed the yellow belt training, which focuses on LSS terminology. You will become more organized and confident in what you can do if so, while a green belt will give you more confidence when managing large-scale projects for yourself or other companies.
No matter which belt you choose, we offer certification and training in both yellow and green belts so that you can begin this method and scale up later.
Leadership Excellence & Innovation Consulting For All
Being a leader is a key skill that can open up many doors. We are confident that you will be able to bring more benefits your way and for your professional life as well as help your personal projects.
We are passionate about leadership training and supporting workers or groups who want to improve this skill.
We also offer workshops and innovation consulting to individuals and companies who are looking for growth, a better mind, and to stay competitive.
Our team has so much to offer; we encourage you to contact us to learn more about our solutions.